Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 18, 2008

Got to hospital about 9:30. Lisa acted very tired like she had not slept very well. She would be talking and fall asleep. I let her sleep for a little while. When she woke up so was starving and didn't want to wait for her tray. I went to cafeteria and got her a green salad and some chicken salad which she really enjoyed. We got to visit for a little bit and she told me they had removed the morphine pump completely and was just taking the Oxicotin pain pill by mouth. The doctors had visited her before I got there and told her that they may have to discontinue the Tylenol Study due to liver function and blood clotting factor. They were going to continue it until they had results of nightime blood tests. I will know more later about that. The dopler scan on wednesday morning will give us an indication of when she may be able to go home. She has to have back to back scans (done on Mon/Wed/Fri) that are free of vasospasms and removal of drainage tube. Once those two milestones have been met it will take them an additional 2 -4 days to get her ambulatory. Ambulatory means catheder out, eating well, able to walk without assistance etc... She has not been out of bed at all since vasospams were first detected so she will be very weak. They put pressure cuffs on her legs to increase circulation and help to prevent clots. The high point of her day was me visiting the Dillards where she works, meeting all the nice people she works with and buying her a soft pink robe, pajamas, new night gown and some boxers. She had a couple of new do-rags for her head!!!!! One note that I did not mention in the beginning was when when I arrived in the morning, the nurse had posted a sign on the door reading "Please see nurse before entering". The note was put up to enforce the 2 person rule and to keep visitation times to 20 minutes with breaks of 20-30 minutes in-between so she can get the rest that is necessary to her recouperation.

No comments: