Monday, November 17, 2008

November 17, 2008 Update

I arrived at the hospital about 9:30 this morning. They were doing the doppler procedure to check on the vasospasms. They were also giving her potassium in the form of this nasty tasting stuff that she does not like at all. She had made a bandanna type hat so that it would cover the shaved portion of her head and hide her hair that she has not been able to wash. Very good sign as she cares about how she looks!! I almost forgot to mention that they had put in a "pic" line (not sure of the spelling) so that she can have all iv's go in the same port. She did have multiple iv's and it was getting hard to find a vein each time they had to change it. The ultrasound study showed no additional signs of vasospasm while the doppler showed two vasospasms described as mild to moderate. The two are the same vasospasms dected in the doppler friday and have not changed. I walked again to her favorite deli and got her some soup and chicken salad. Her appetite is pretty good today and her headaches were also better. Her blood pressure went very high on a couple of ocassions but they leveled it off by adjusting her medicine. A doctor came in while I was there and she got a couple of her questions answered, mainly what has to happen before she can go home. He said first, she will have to have the drain out of her head out. This is a procedure that takes time because it has to be done gradually. It is not even close as it is still draining. Second, there can be no evidence of vasospasm. So, it will be a daily improvement with no time limit. She had several visitors today which she really enjoyed.

1 comment:

Mary Sanders Korsan said...

Thanks so much for keeping the blog. I really cherish the information. Please give Lisa a big hug and tell her that I'm thinking of her and wish her the best. I look forward to seeing her real soon -- maybe a fun rendezvous in Dallas!

Take care of her and thank you.

Mary Sanders