Thursday, November 20, 2008

November 19, 2008 Update

There is not a lot that is different to report for the day. When I arrived at the hospital in the am Lisa was sleeping so I went to get some breakfast. When I returned she was just finishing her doppler ultrasound and she was crying. One of the nurses had just told her that the overnight blood work had come back and they may have to discontinue the Tylenol Study once again. They took blood once again and said they would have results in an hour. Depending on these results they would either move forward or suspend the study. The woman doing the doppler ultrasound said the vasospasm's were still present and the that they might have "Slightly" improved. The bloodwork came back and Lisa was able to continue the study. They are taking it on a day by day basis but normally the study only last 12 days anyway. In the study they have seven participants, one of which receives a placebo. Lisa keeps swearing that it is her that received the placebo. I tell her that if she had recevied the placeobo they wouldnt be worrying about her liver function and blood clotting factor. I bought her a nice green scarf for her hair and she put on a little makeup. Some very good friends visited and brought her one of the edible fruit arrangments. It really cheered her up. Jack came up and did some homework. She didnt sleep much during the day and had a minimal apetite. The nurse did say that they had the okay for her to sit in the chair a little each day but Lisa does not want to till the catheder comes out. Also, the doctor said the drain in ther head is slowing down which is good. He made the comment that it will permanently stay there with the contents (spinal fluids) draining in to her stomach. This suprised her. I will have to get more information on this!!!!

2 comments:

Mary Sanders Korsan said...

I would love to send something to Lisa ... any ideas?

I was thinking of a mani pedi... do you think they would allow that?

Mary S.

Betsy Fulcher said...

Hi Mary! I tried to go to her favorite manicure place and they would not come to the hospital. I know she is out of her favorite perfume..I will try to find out the name of it. Otherwise maybe a certificate for a mani/pedi when she feels up to it because she definately wants one!!!